Thursday, March 24, 2005

Cops 'n pigs

I may have never uttered the words "kill cops", but I used to refer to cops as being "pigs" all the time. I must apologize for that, both to actual pigs and to pig lovers. It was really insensitive for me to sully the clean (well, mostly) reputation of our pink critter pals.

On that note, I must also apologize for enjoying the wonderful taste of roasted, fried, baked, or grilled pig. As a matter of fact, I enjoyed quite a bit of bacon yesterday, so an apology is definitely in order. Damn those pigs are good! (I know, I know... sorry again)

1 comment:

bkmarcus said...

91. INT. COFFEE SHOP - MORNING

Jules and Vincent sit at a booth. In front of Vincent is a big stack of pancakes and sausages, which he eats with gusto. Jules, on the other hand, just has a cup of coffee and a muffin. He seems far away in thought. The Waitress pours a refill for both men,

VINCENT
Thanks a bunch.
(to Jules, who's nursing his coffee)
Want a sausage?

JULES
Naw, I don't eat pork.

VINCENT
Are you Jewish?

JULES
I ain't Jewish man, I just don't dig on swine.

VINCENT
Why not?

JULES
They're filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.

VINCENT
Sausages taste good. Pork chops taste good.

JULES
A sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie. I'll never know 'cause even if it did, I wouldn't eat the filthy motherfucker. Pigs sleep and root in shit. That's a filthy animal. I don't wanna eat nothin' that ain't got enough sense to disregard its own feces.

VINCENT
How about dogs? Dogs eat their own feces.

JULES
I don't eat dog either.

VINCENT
Yes, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?

JULES
I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy, but they're definitely dirty. But a dog's got personality. And personality goes a long way.

VINCENT
So by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he's cease to be a filthy animal?

JULES
We'd have to be talkin' 'bout one motherfuckin' charmin' pig. It'd have to be the Cary Grant of pigs.

(The two men laugh.)