Sunday, July 10, 2005

Pesto and Chops

Why do some fine steakhouses hold themselves out as having great "steaks and chops"? What the eff is a chop? Do they mean fricking pork chops? Pork chops? Who goes to a nice restaurant for a goddamned pork chop? I don't think I have ever seen anyone do this. I have seen pork cops ordered at your regular shops, but a fine steakhouse? I mean yeah, a nice fish, or lobster--I sometimes see people order those instead of steak at a nice place. But pork chops? What the hell is going on here? If they don't mean pork chops, what the hell do they mean by "chops"?

And what the eff is pesto anyway? No one ever defines it. It's sort of like geffiltefish, as best I can tell.

1 comment:

Vache Folle said...

There are also veal chops and lamb chops, but pork chops are the best by far.

Pesto consists of a sauce ort marinade of chopped basil in olive oil, sometimes with parmesan cheese or other spices. In a pinch, it can be made with parsley, but this is not nearly as good.