I apologize for remaining sympathetic to the claim.
I apologize for having studied my ass off in acquiring my knowledge of mathematics, since I have not been very good at smiling sheepishly when someone tells me they are "not that good" at math and wish they were as "gifted" as me in the subject.
I apologize for spending so much time in efforts that clearly hurt others by making them feel inferior. In particular, I refer to acts such as:
- Retaking a class in multivariable calculus over the summer of 1989, just to improve my knowledge of the subject
- Making A's in all of my math classes except undergrad differential equations
- Picking a master's thesis topic that involved deriving and solving multiple partial differential equations by arcane techniques, such as orthogonal collocation
- Retaking a class in vector calculus in Fall 1998, just to improve my knowledge of the subject
- Buying and reading books like Div, Grad, Curl, and All That just for fun
- Autodidactic endeavors to learn probability theory and statistics
I apologize for not feeling guilty about all of this.
I apologize for not apologizing earlier.