Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I Apologize For Finding This Funny

Though I consider the Terri Schiavo case to be quite serious, I laughed a few times at this mock living will I found on Strike the Root, and I apologize. The Living Will stipulates:
I, Andy Maskin, being of sound mind and body, hereby grant authority over my handling should I enter a persistent vegetative state to the United States Congress pursuant to the following conditions:

1. Congress shall convene for the sole purpose of determining whether or not I should be sustained or allowed to die. A special quorum for this session shall consist of at least 62% of the House of Representatives and 70% of the Senate present and accounted for. Both houses of Congress must each agree, by a simple majority, on the same course of action.
2. In the event of a tie in the House of Representatives, the tie shall be broken by the non-voting representative from American Samoa. If this individual is not available to break a tie, other non-voting representatives shall be called upon in the following priority:
* Guam
* Puerto Rico
* U.S. Virgin Islands
* Washington DC
* A Coin Flip conducted by the youngest present congressman

Read the rest, but apologize if you think it's funny.

2 comments:

born to run said...

That makes more sense than a lot of things Congress does. Although, they may be too busy with the baseball inquisition.

Stephan Kinsella said...

I definitely apologize! ROTFL!